I am a Computer Engineering Student at the University of
graduating in May 2022.
Right now, I am working under Prof. Karray to build a intelligent bot for customers at Loblaws to make it easier to find products in stores!
I am an avid follower of all things Artificial Intelligence, be it the advantages of AI in the medical industry to the misuse of it to generate fake photos of celebrities.
Data is my best friend and I like to gather insights from datasets that I can find online! [You can see a sample of my work here]
In the past I've been a core member of the computer vision subteam at WATonomous, the University's autonomous driving student design team as well as the Web Lead at Waterloop, the university's hyperloop team
Some of my previous experience
Chief Technology Officer, Sage Co
May 2018 - Present
- We're a digital agency run by active University of Waterloo students from across the globe. We aim on creating excellent digital solutions for clients on a professional scale.
- Responsible for guiding the technological direction of the company, to ensure that we have 100% uptime!
Undergraduate Research Assistant, University of Waterloo
September 2018 - Present
- Building a NLP chatbot in Python and Dialogflow for grocery chain Loblaws under Prof Fakhri Karray to allow customers to ask contextual questions while in store
- Ported over existing from slower excel sheet frameworks to PostGresQL to improve net performance by 30%
- Developed a low latency API endpoint in Python from scratch to serve Loblaws customers
Data Scientist + Full Stack Developer, LCBO|next
May 2018 - September 2018
- Wrote complete CRUD web apps and REST APIs from scratch with less than 0.1% downtime to serve data to multiple internal applications to serve LCBOs customers
- Managed and maintained the sole Kubernetes cluster running an Elasticsearch instance
- Implemented an 85% accurate sales forecasting model from scratch to anticipate uptick in sales of products after incorporating the weather forecast
- Visualised and analysed sales trends at top retail locations to classify products into priority based classes to support LCBO’s retail and supply chain divisions
Core Perception Member, WATonomous
January, 2018 - May, 2018
- Core Member of the perception team as part of GM’s AutoDrive Challenge
- Implemented a 5% more effcient model to identify lane markings in OpenCV
- Improved existing traffic sign detection computer vision models in Tensorflow by 15% using hyperparameter tuning and regularisation
Web Co-Lead, Waterloop
September, 2017 - March, 2018
- Redesigned the entire new website as part of revamped branding in Fall 2017 with the help of Embedded JS templating on a Node.js server
- Minimized code duplication on the new website using a template engine that allowed for 30% page load boost while making it easier to maintain
- Improved page load time by 20% by creating responsive vector images in D3.js instead of using heavier and less efficient frameworks
- Implemented an efficient static string method to improve memory management as part of the embedded systems team
Software Engineering Intern, FINO Bank
- Improved efficiency of backend script by 300 times by using hash tables and used this to implement an interactive dashboard to visualise revenue of top merchants and their sales breakdown
- Conceptualised, designed and implemented a dashboard to track the performance of new merchants month on month to predict merchants who had a better chance to increase the revenue
- Used d3js for the visualisation and Python for the back end.
Data science stuff, rudimentary machine learning plus data analysis on various datasets
Although not a project per se but it does the job of making me a better programmer
Command line slack clone made by programming sockets in Python
It adds better searching, filtering of jobs and modernizes the UI of the current platform to scale to both and tablets
Although still work in progress, helps one read books faster, up to 500 words per minute
StackOverflow but with a cryptocurrency bounty
Built UBER for empty beer bottles to promote recycling
How I Failed My Interview At Bloomberg But Ended Up With Three Other Offers
I wrote this in-depth article for Pramp on how I prepared for my first technical interview!
[redirects to Medium article]
Co-op Job Hunt
My first time looking for a job! Read more about my experience with applying, interviews and preparing for them.
16 weeks in Canada
RIP Net Neutrality
Net Neutrality is dead in the at least for now. Read on to find how you can prevent it from affecting you
Google's Technical Interview Workshop
My first experience with Google employees at a technical interview workshop.
Also includes technical interview workshop tips.
1A in ECE
My experience in 1A @uWaterloo according to the new 2017 curriculum
My First Term with Waterloop
I wrote this one to describe my epic term with Waterloop!